From the Director
Top Ten Things To Do This Summer!
1) Start using Love and Logic with your child to help them learn to respect you and know that your words are golden. Click here for more information.
2) Visit a museum – The new Perot Museum, one of the Science and Nature Museums or The Cowgirl Museum are all great choices.
3) Read to your child every day! Visit your local library to check out new books and see what great programs they offer in the summer.
4) Plan on visiting every park in your city. Get a map, mark the parks and go have some fun!
5) Plant a garden in a pot with your child and help them tend it each day. Visit the Fort Worth, Grapevine and Dallas farmers market to see all the lovely produce. Try a new fruit and vegetable.
6) Cook with your child. They can help measure and stir, older children can even learn to use a knife. Have them help you clean up the mess.
7) Go to the local nature centers and arboretums. The Dallas Arboretum has some family friendly concerts on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
8) Take the train to the stockyards, explore and ride the train back home again. Click here for more information.
9) Watch the Fort Worth Cats or the Frisco Roughriders play baseball, the seats are cheap, it’s family friendly and the ball parks are nice.
10) Pray with your child each and every day. Make it part of your routine. Ask them to teach you the prayers they have learned at preschool.
During the month of May, we will be using all the elements and methods that have been introduced during the year. Each class in May will be dedicated to a particular set of materials, then, each child can choose how to apply them.
The 4s have been working hard preparing for their spring program, “Go Fish!”, on May 9th at 6:30 pm. I am so excited to share their talents with all of you. The 1s, 2s, and 3s continue to have lots of fun in music class trying out new instruments and singing their favorite songs from earlier in the year. This summer try to include as much music as you can in your schedule. We are blessed to live in an area that provides so many musical opportunities
May 9th – Kori Evans – Elephant Class
May 14th – Laurie Anderson – Camel Class
May 26th – Denise Perona – Penguin Class
7th – TK Mother’s Tea – 1pm
9th – 4’s Graduation and Program – 6:30pm
14th – TK Open House 1pm and Spirit Day
16th – Last Chapel and Purple Day
17th – Last Friday Enrichment Class
The following schools are hosting summer programs. These schools are part of a group that Compass
Christian Preschool belongs to that promotes quality early childhood programs.
Euless FUMC Preschool and Kindergarten
9 AM to noon, Monday through Friday.
Week 1 – June 3-7 – Ahoy Mates
Week 2 – June 10-14 – Rainforest
$10 Registration fee
$75 for 1 week
$140 for both weeks
2 through 6 year olds are eligible.
All must be toilet trained.
Click here for more information.
Grapevine Christian School
Tuesdays, June 11 – August 6*. God’s BIG World
June 11 – God’s Big World
June 18 – God’s Colors
June 25 – God’s Shapes
July 2 – God’s Animals
July 9 – God’s People
July 16 – God’s Giants
July 30 – God’s Oceans
August 6 – God’s Love
Summer Preschool is available for ages 18 months through 3 years. (Age as of June 1, 2013.) 9:00 am to 12:00 pm for $145
9:00 am to 2:00 pm for $225
Click here for more information.
World of Learning: Click here for more information.