Compass Christian Preschool Families,
We are so excited to welcome your family to Compass Christian Preschool. Whether this is your first experience with preschool or if you are one of our families that have been with us for a decade, we can’t wait to get to know you and your child. Take time to enjoy the rest of your summer and cherish this time with your children.
Below are some dates and information about the upcoming school year:
• You will be able to find important dates and information on this website. This is also where you can find our school supply list. We ask that you bring these items either Parent Night, Thursday, September 4, 2014 or to Meet the Teacher, Friday, September 5, 2014.
• If you will be purchasing a nap mat they can be hard to find as we get closer to the start of school. You can find generic mats at Wal-Mart and fancier mats at stores such as The Owls Nest or Ella Bella in Southlake. Remember it is a nap mat, not a sleeping bag and will need to fit in the cubbies at school. The Four Year Old and Transitional Kindergarten Classes do not need nap mats.
• You will receive a postcard and a phone call from your child’s teacher at the end of August. If you have any questions before then please contact the preschool office at (817)796-5123.
• Parent Night is Thursday, September 4, 2014. The schedule is as follows:
6:00pm – 6:30pm meet in your child’s classroom
6:30pm – 7:00pm meet in the Worship Center for a brief informational meeting. We have some new security procedures in place and we will review them at this time.
7:00pm – 7:30pm Parents may meet with their second child’s teacher in the classroom.
We do not offer childcare during Parent Night, please arrange for a sitter.
• Meet the Teacher is Friday, September 5, 2014 from 11:00am – 12:00pm. Please stop by during this time so that your child can meet their teacher and new friends.
• The first day of school is Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 9:00am. Children in the one year-old classes will dismiss at 11:30 the first week of school. Children in the Two, Three, Four and Transitional Kindergarten Classes will dismiss at the normal time which is 2:00pm.
• Our first Parent meeting will be on Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 1:15pm. You will receive information about volunteering at the school and in your child’s classroom. This is a great time to ask any questions you may have about our school.
• Tuition is due on the first of each month. You are welcome to pay September tuition at Parent Night or Meet the Teacher. If you are interested in paying your tuition in full please contact Lindy Pappas.
• Please remember that children in our three, four and transitional kindergarten classes MUST be fully potty trained. They can’t come to school in pull ups or diapers. Children who are not potty trained in our three year old class may need to be moved into our two year old program (if space allows) or withdraw from the program until they are fully potty trained. If you are struggling with potty training please call me so I can give you some helpful tips.
• We must have a copy of your child’s immunization record and signed doctor’s form on file by the first week of school. Children will not be allowed to attend school after the first week without these items on file. Children in the four year old program and Transitional Kindergarten program must have a hearing screening conducted by their pediatrician and a copy given to the preschool. We will also offer this service in the early fall if you are unable to see your pediatrician. If you have any questions about these records, contact Marcia Shivers in the preschool office (ext. 242).
Director of Preschool Ministry