Compass Christian Preschool Families,
We are so excited to welcome your family to Compass Christian Preschool. Whether this is your first experience with preschool or if you have been with us for a decade, we can’t wait to get to know you and your child. Take time to enjoy the rest of your summer and cherish this time with your children.
Below are some dates and information about the upcoming school year:
- Our website is compasspreschool.com. You will be able to find important dates and information on our website. This is also where you can find our school supply list. We ask that you bring these items either Parent Night, Thursday, August 31, 2017 or to Meet the Teacher, Friday, September 1, 2017.
- If you will be purchasing a nap mat they can be hard to find as we get closer to the start of school. You can find generic mats at Wal-Mart and fancier mats online or at stores such as The Owls Nest in Southlake. Remember it is a nap mat, not a sleeping bag and will need to fit in the cubbies at school. The Four Year Old and Transitional Kindergarten Classes do not need nap mats.
- You will receive a postcard and a phone call from your child’s teacher at the end of August. If you have any questions before then please contact the preschool office at (817)796-5123.
- Parent Night is Thursday, August 31, 2017. The schedule is as follows:
6:00pm – 6:30pm meet in your child’s classroom
6:30pm – 7:00pm meet in the Worship Center for a brief informational meeting.
7:00pm – 7:30pm Parents may meet with their second child’s teacher in the classroom.
We do not offer childcare during Parent Night, please arrange for a sitter.
- Meet the Teacher is Friday, September 1, 2017 from 11:00am – 12:00pm. Please stop by during this time so that your child can meet their teacher and new friends. You must stay with your child(ren) at all times. This is a come and go event you don’t need to stay the whole time. The teachers would like all the children to bring in a 4×6 family photo so it can be displayed in the classroom.
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9:00am. Children in the one-year-old classes will dismiss at 11:30 the first week of school. Children in the Two, Three, Four and Transitional Kindergarten Classes will dismiss at the normal time which is 2:00pm.
- Our first Parent meeting will be on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 1:15pm. You will receive information about volunteering at the school and in your child’s classroom. This is a great time to ask any questions you may have about our school.
- Tuition is due on the first of each month. You are welcome to pay September tuition at Parent Night or Meet the Teacher. If you are interested in paying your tuition in full please contact Lindy Pappas (ext. 248).
- Please remember that children in our three, four and transitional kindergarten classes MUST be fully potty trained. They can’t come to school in pull ups or diapers. Children who are not potty trained in our three-year-old class may need to be moved into our two year old program (if space allows) or withdraw from the program until they are fully potty trained. If you are struggling with potty training please call me so I can give you some helpful tips.
- ALL student shot records, Physician’s Statement/Page 6; and Hearing & Vision for 4s & TK are due the week of August 28, 2017. Records may be mailed to the preschool or dropped by the office. Children without shot records on file will not be allowed to attend school after the first week without these records on file. Please see state of Texas rules regarding immunizations. Hearing & Vision screenings will also be offered at CCP in the early fall if you are unable to see your pediatrician. If you have any questions about these records, contact Marcia Shivers in the preschool office (ext. 242).
Director of Preschool Ministry