Thank you for your patience during these challenging times. We are pleased to announce that we are planning to start school on September 8, 2020. Over the next few weeks, we are working on implementing new procedures and precautions to protect our students and staff. Our staff will also be required to take training classes on preventing the spread of COVID in a school setting.
Compass Christian Preschool will follow guidelines set by Texas Childcare Licensing not the Texas Education Association (TEA). We are working on the following changes for the upcoming school year. Please know that these strategies are subject to change based on changes required by the State.
- Preventative health measures including health and temperature screenings for our staff and students before they enter the classrooms.
- Implementing social distancing strategies including not combining classes for larger motor play, postponing special events and distancing in the hallways.
- Intensify cleaning and disinfection at the school in the classrooms, bathrooms and other areas that students use throughout the day. We are asking that parents wash their child’s nap mats at the end of each school day. At the end of the day and if a classroom is used by another group, we will use an electrostatic spray to clean and disinfect the room. https://www.cmmonline.com/articles/q-a-electrostatic-spray-technology#:~:text=Electrostatic%20sprayers%20work%20by%20charging,around%20to%20coat%20all%20sides.
- Modifying drop off and pick up procedures for our students. Currently the state is requiring early childhood centers to use a car line for drop off and pick up for students, in addition, we are looking into separating the cubbies and sign in area for individual classroom and possibly staggering drop off and pick up times.
- Adjusting class sizes and ratios depending on our enrollment numbers and available classrooms.
- Policies on how we will proceed if a student or staff member has a confirmed case of COVID. We are currently working with other early childhood programs and our local health department to establish our policies.
If you know that you will not be sending your child(ren) to preschool, please let us know via email as soon as possible. We will need to know if you are withdrawing from the program by August 8, 2020, so we can make staffing changes and plan the year accordingly. Please call the preschool if you have any questions or concerns. (817) 796-5123. Office staff will be available next week Tuesday – Thursday, 9:00-12:00.
Director of Compass Christian Preschool