August 28, 2020
Dear Compass Christian Preschool Families,
I would like to welcome you to the 20-21 school year and give you some important information regarding how we will conduct school this year in our ever-changing environment. Please know that we have been and will continue to work to make your children and our staff safe. This will be a joint effort as we move through the school weeks so please understand that our strict health guidelines are in place to keep your family and ours safe.
Below is information about the upcoming school year:
- Our website is www.compasspreschool.com. You will be able to find important dates and information on our website. In addition, please follow our Facebook page at Compass Preschool. Our phone number is 817-796-5123, please put this number in your cell phone, the number on your screen may be 817-906-1478 the church number.
- WALK-UP DROP OFF & PICK-UP & Morning TEMPERATURE CHECK –drop off each morning will include Temperature checks for each student. If your child or children have a temperature of 100* he/she WILL NOT be admitted to school that day and must be fever-free for 72 hours before returning to school.
- TEACHER INTRODUCTIONS – Each classroom teacher will call families in early September to introduce herself and learn more about your child. If you have any questions before then please contact the preschool office at 817-796-5123.
- PARENT NIGHT VIDEO – Due to social distancing restrictions Parent Night will be a video message from me which you can watch on your own prior to school starting. This video will be emailed to you and will be on our website. It is very important that all parents watch the video for updated information on preschool operations.
- MEET THE TEACHER – SOCIALLY DISTANCED is Thursday, September 10 and Friday, September 11 from 9 am-2 pm by appointment only. You will receive a SIGN-UP GENIUS notice to select your time beginning September 1 -3, 2020. This event is limited to one parent with the student. Siblings cannot attend and childcare will not be provided. The teachers would like each student to bring in a 4×6 family photo so it can be displayed in the classroom.
- STUDENT RECORDS – We must have a copy of your child’s immunization record and signed physicians’ statement (page 5) on file by the first week of school. Children will not be allowed to attend school after the first week without these items on file. Children in the four-year-old program and Transitional Kindergarten program must have a hearing and vision screening conducted by their pediatrician and a copy given to the preschool. Hearing and Vision screenings will not be offered at CCP.
- FIRST DAY – Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 9am-2pm. Children in the one-year-old classes will dismiss at 11:30 am the first week of school. Children in the Two, Three, Four and Transitional Kindergarten Classes will dismiss at the normal time which is 2:00 pm.
- NAP MATS – You can find generic mats at Wal-Mart and fancier mats online. Remember it is a nap mat, not a sleeping bag and will need to fit in the cubbies at school. In addition, it must be able to be washed or wiped off. The Fours & TK Classes do not need nap mats.
- LUNCHES – Lunchboxes will be allowed but must be thoroughly cleaned prior to the next school day.
- TUITION is due on the first of each month and is late on the sixth. For the month of September only, tuition may be paid at Meet the Teacher. The sibling discount will apply to September tuition. When paying September tuition online, please go to the September Prorated Tuition section. For the remainder of the school year tuition may be paid on our website under the Pay Tuition tab or by placing your check in the preschool drop-box located outside office, 121. We cannot accept cash. If you are interested in paying your tuition in full please contact Lindy Pappas (ext. 248).
- POTTY TRAINING – Please remember that children in our three, four and transitional kindergarten classes MUST be fully potty trained. They cannot come to school in pull ups or diapers. Children who are not potty trained in our threes, fours or TK classes will need to withdraw from the program until they are fully potty trained. If you are struggling with potty-training please call me so I can give you some helpful tips.
Our team looks forward to seeing you in September.
Kimberly Porcheddu, Director