July 29, 2021
Dear Compass Christian Preschool Families,
I would like to welcome you to the 21-22 school year. Please know that we have been and will continue to work to make your children and our staff safe. This will be a joint effort as we move through the school weeks so please understand that our strict health guidelines are in place to keep your family and ours safe.
Below is information about the upcoming school year:
- Our website is compasspreschool.com. You will be able to find important dates and information on our website. In addition, please follow our Facebook page at Compass Preschool. Our phone number is 817-796-5123, please put this number in your cell phone, the number on your screen may be 817-906-1478 the church number.
- WALK-UP DROP OFF & PICK-UP –While we will not perform morning temperature checks, we do expect each family to follow the health guidelines as stated in the Parent Handbook and keep any student who is exhibiting symptoms of illness at home.
- TEACHER INTRODUCTIONS – Each classroom teacher will call families in late August to introduce herself and learn more about your child. If you have any questions before then please contact the preschool office at 817-796-5123.
- PARENT NIGHT – Parent Night will take place on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. If you are a parent of a PreK student, you will meet at Compass Center AND attend the directors meeting on the main campus. All others, ones, twos, threes, and TK will be on the main campus. The schedule is as follows: Classroom session one: 6-6:30 p.m. Director Meeting with ALL Parents 6:30-7 p.m. Worship Center Main Campus. Classroom session two: 7-7:30 p.m.
- MEET THE TEACHER –Friday, September 3, 2021, 11 a.m. – 12 noon in your child’s classroom. Your child’s teacher will send out a Sign-Up Genius link for you and your child to attend. One parent only and no siblings permitted please.
- STUDENT RECORDS – We must have a copy of your child’s immunization record and signed physicians’ statement (page 5) on file by the first week of school. Children will not be allowed to attend school after the first week without these items on file. Children in the four-year-old program and Transitional Kindergarten program must have a hearing and vision screening conducted by their pediatrician and a copy given to the preschool. Hearing and Vision screenings will not be offered at CCP.
- FIRST DAY – Tuesday, September 7, 2021 9am-2pm. Children in the one-year-old classes will dismiss at 11:30 am the first week of school. Children in the Two, Three, Four and Transitional Kindergarten Classes will dismiss at the normal time which is 2:00 pm.
- NAP MATS – You can find generic mats at Wal-Mart and fancier mats online. Remember it is a nap mat, not a sleeping bag and will need to fit in the cubbies at school. In addition, it must be able to be washed or wiped off. The Fours & TK Classes do not need nap mats.
- LUNCHES – Lunchboxes will be allowed but must be thoroughly cleaned prior to the next school day.
- TUITION is due on the first of each month and is late on the sixth. For the month of September only, tuition may be paid at Meet the Teacher. The sibling discount will apply to September tuition. Tuition may be paid online, by personal check or bank draft, all due by the first of each month. Cash IS NOT accepted.
- POTTY TRAINING – Please remember that children in our three, four and transitional kindergarten classes MUST be fully potty trained. They cannot come to school in pull ups or diapers. Children who are not potty trained in our threes, fours or TK classes will need to withdraw from the program until they are fully potty trained. If you are struggling with potty-training please call me so I can give you some helpful tips.
Our team looks forward to seeing you in September. If your child will not attend CCP, please let us know as we do have a wait list.
Kimberly Porcheddu, Director