August 12, 2022
Dear Compass Christian Preschool Families,
I would like to welcome you to the 22-23 school year. Our fours & TK classes will be in Compass Center and will start Tuesday, September 6, 2022. Our 1s, 2s & 3s will be in the newly remodeled main building on the Colleyville campus and will start Tuesday, October 4, 2022. I will communicate more information with Main Campus parents in early September.
Below is information about the upcoming school year:
- Our website is compasspreschool.com. You will be able to find important dates and information on our website. In addition, please follow our Facebook page at Compass Preschool. Our phone number is 817-796-5123, please put this number in your cell phone, the number on your screen may be 817-906-1478 the church number.
- WALK-UP DROP OFF & PICK-UP –While we will not perform morning temperature checks, we do expect each family to follow the health guidelines as stated in the Parent Handbook and keep any student who is exhibiting symptoms of illness at home. This year families on our Pre-K/TK campus will walk the students into the building for DROP-OFF and will pick up in a CAR LINE. Families on our main campus; 1s, 2s & 3s will drop off at designated doors and will COME TO THE CLASSROOM for pick up at 2 p.m.
- TEACHER INTRODUCTIONS – Each classroom teacher will call families in late August to introduce herself and learn more about your child. If you have any questions before then please contact the preschool office at 817-796-5123.
- PARENT MEETING – Fours & TK is Friday, September 2, 2022, from 11 a.m. – Noon. The Parent Meeting will take place at 11:30 a.m. Compass staff members will stay in the classrooms with the students while parents meet with the teachers.
Ones, Twos, Threes Meet the Teacher & Parent Meeting – Friday, September 30, 2022, Meet the Teacher 11 a.m. – Noon in the classrooms. Parent Night is 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. in the Worship Center.
- STUDENT RECORDS – State licensing requires a copy of your child’s immunization record and signed physicians’ statement (page 5) to be on file by September 1, 2022. If your child has a well-check after August 15, please email Marcia Shivers so that she can note this exception in your child’s file. Children will not be allowed to attend school after the first week without these items on file. Children in the four-year-old program and Transitional Kindergarten program must have a hearing and vision screening conducted by their pediatrician and a copy given to the preschool. Hearing and Vision screenings will not be offered at CCP. Please note your child’s class at the top of all forms; (Example: 2-Day or 3s 3-Day)
- FIRST DAY – Fours & TK – Tuesday, September 6, 2022, 9am-2pm. Compass Center
- FIRST DAY– 1s, 2s, 3s – Tuesday, October 4, 2022, Main Campus – Colleyville 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. **Ones will dismiss at 11:30 a.m. for the first week only, October 4 and October 6
- NAP MATS – You can find generic mats at Wal-Mart and fancier mats online. Remember it is a nap mat, not a sleeping bag and will need to fit in the cubbies at school. In addition, it must be washed at the end of each week. The Fours & TK Classes do not need nap mats.
- LUNCHES – We are a NUT-FREE school, lunches cannot contain any form of nut items. Lunchboxes will be allowed but must be thoroughly cleaned prior to the next school day.
- TUITION is due on the first of each month and is late on the sixth. Tuition is NO LONGER payable by check or Cash. Credit card payment via the preschool website and bank drafts set up by your bank are the only acceptable form of payment. Contact Lindy Pappas, assistant director of finance with any tuition questions. Lindypappas@mycompasschurch.com
- POTTY TRAINING – Please remember that children in our 3s, 4s and TK classes MUST be fully potty trained. They cannot come to school in pull ups or diapers. Children who are not potty trained in our 3s, 4s or TK classes will need to withdraw from the program until they are fully potty trained. If you are struggling with potty-training, please call me so I can give you some helpful tips.
Our team looks forward to seeing all of you this fall. If your child will not attend CCP, please let us know as we do have a wait list.
Kim Porcheddu, Director